2008 m. gruodžio 1 d., pirmadienis

END-OF-ESP COURSE SELF-ASSESSMENT

WRITING
I think that my writing skills are not better than were last semester, because at present I have a less practice as compared with last semester. But I can formulate and write my opinion in English.

WRITING ESP VOCABULARY TESTS
So, I think that I write ESP vocabulary tests well enough. In my view, it is because we read at home and discuss this topic in group. Also, it is important how long time we can prepare for tests at home.

WRITING CLASS DICTATIONS
I evaluate my class dictations writing more or less good, but this activity is too difficult for me. To my mind, it is related with a lack of general vocabulary and sometimes with the rate of dictating.

LISTENING COMPREHENSION IN CLASS
The results of this kind of activities are different. I think it is related with topic of listening. If information that is given is new for me, I can make more mistakes than when material is not new.

LISTENING TO PEERS’ POWER POINT PRESENTATIONS
I listen to presentations of other students, and understand all aspects about which presenters talk. But if a topic of presentation is a very specific and a presenter gives deep knowledge, I can have some difficulties. But presenters always explain the most difficult aspects of their topic, and because of that I think that I understand material well enough that is explored.

MAKING POWER POINT PRESENTATIONS
First of all, I like to make presentations, because it is a creative work. I can realize myself when I choose the topic for a presentation, search and process information, make a report and think about the design. I think that I take an interesting topic of a presentation for the audience. Because I have enough time and have possibility to prepare for the presentation at home, my speech could be evaluated as good enough . I can discuss this topic with other students; answer the questions if there are. I think it is because I go deep into the topic of presentation, improve my knowledge and vocabulary. Generally I evaluate this kind of my work as nice.

SPEAKING ON ESP THEMES IN CLASS
To my mind, I can pass an opinion on ESP themes in class, when we discuss in a group. It is a very interesting activity, because I can find interesting things, when I listen to others. Moreover, I improved my speaking skills, and learned to rephrase my opinion, formulate questions.

Komentarų nėra: